PROGRAM MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION FOR MASTER LEADERSHIP PROGRAM OF GREATER SAN ANTONIO
Masters Leadership Program (MLP) of Greater San Antonio is a nonprofit organization based in San Antonio, Texas, whose mission is to prepare diverse, proven leaders for nonprofit board service through skills development and a firsthand view of strengths and challenges in San Antonio and surrounding areas. In partnership with nonprofits, we provide opportunities for graduates to serve as vital contributors in creating equitable, inclusive outcomes and building a better community.
We are looking for a project manager to be responsible for organizing programs and activities for MLP. You will be tasked with developing programs to support MLP’s strategic direction, as well as creating and managing long term goals. You will also oversee developing budgets and operating plans for programs and writing program funding proposals.
Reporting to the Executive Director, this position will collaborate with the Executive Director and other MLP staff to manage all aspects of professional development for the organization. To be successful in this role, you will need to have prior experience in both program management and team management. A bachelor’s degree is required.
PROGRAM MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Organizing programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the Masters Leadership Program of Greater San Antonio.
- Developing new programs to support the strategic direction of MLP.
- Creating and managing long-term goals.
- Developing a budget and operating plan for the program.
- Developing an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Writing program funding proposals to guarantee uninterrupted delivery of services.
- Managing a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities, as well a diverse MLP candidate pool of selectees.
- Ensuring goals are met in areas including customer satisfaction, safety, quality, and team member performance.
- Implementing and managing changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Meeting with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions on services.
- Producing accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle.
- Analyzing program risks.
- Working on strategy with the marketing team.
PROGRAM MANAGER REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree or master's degree in business or related field.
- Proven experience in program management.
- Proven stakeholder management skills.
- Proven experience managing a team.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Understanding of project management.
- MLP graduate (preferred).
- Bilingual in Spanish and English strongly preferred, but not required.
- Proficient and competent in Microsoft Office and other online tools.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong interpersonal and human relations skills.
- Ability to work independently, work on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively as well as part of an interagency team.
- Ability to thrive within a fast-paced, results-driven environment.
- Committed to building positive relationships with all agency stakeholders, across levels, roles, and functions.
- Solutions and detail-oriented with exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Masters Leadership Program of San Antonio is an at-will employer.
Salary: $38,000 - $42,000 depending on experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org (No calls, please.)